NEWS & PRESS
Stay ahead by keeping up with all the latest updates from BOB-CAT®
Fuel D’FIing PROficiency
Schiller Grounds Care Launches New BOB-CAT Predator-Pro 37hp DFI
The latest BOB-CAT Predator Pro Zero-Turn Riding Mower utilizes a 37hp Kawasaki DFI engine, which combines performance, power and efficiency to give new meaning the word proficient. The new Predator-Pro DFI is powered by a 37hp Kawasaki Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) engine that utilizes an electronic governor system or “E-Gov” for short, which makes the unit capable of reacting to changing load conditions instantaneously while metering fuel to the engine precisely. This means that the new Predator-Pro DFI never loses engine RPM, resulting in the highest possible level of mower performance, and maintain blade tip and ground speed as conditions change in the terrain or turf, all while maximizing fuel efficiency. The digital fuel injection system meters and monitors the fuel requirements insuring that the engine runs clean, efficient and at peak performance while squeezing out every drop of fuel economy. “Never before have we been able to offer an engine that boasts incredible fuel economy with this much horsepower and performance,” states BOB-CAT product manager, Tony Weber of the advancements of the new Predator-Pro DFI. “Our field test results indicate up to a 30% reduction in fuel usage compared to non-fuel injected commercial engines used under the same conditions. This can result in hundreds of dollars of savings annually for landscape contractors and other commercial users.”
Benefits of the NEW BOB-CAT Predator-Pro DFI:
- Powered by a tough, rugged 37 hp Kawasaki FX Engine
- Up to 30% improvement in fuel economy.
- E-Gov regulator reacts instantaneously to changing loads and conditions, always maintaining peak performance.
- BOB-CAT Fly-By-Wire Throttle Control System means no mechanical cables or links.
- No-Nonsense Design insures Pure Performance
- Engine: 37hp Kawasaki DFI
- Deck Options: 61- or 72-inch side discharge
- DuraDeck cutter decks are welded 10-gauge steel with 7-gauge reinforcements
- Molded rubber discharge chute - bounces back from hard knocks
- Extreme Discharge System for superior clipping dispersal
- Anti-scalp rollers for superior contour mowing
- Maintenance-free spindles and wheel bearings mean less down-time
- Fully adjustable high-back 4-point full suspension seat with adjustable arm rests for all day rider comfort
- Quick Lift foot assist pedal to raise and lower deck on the go with ease
- Dual Warranty Options and Lifetime Warranty on Deck, Deck Cradle & Engine Deck
- Brakes: Hydrostat, provides dynamic braking; Drum-type parking brake
- Cutting Width and Type: 61-in. (1.55-m) or 72-in. (1.83-m) side-discharge
- Deck Construction: DuraDeck™ with Extreme Discharge System. Welded 10-gauge steel with 7-gauge reinforcements and side skirts, molded rubber discharge chute
- Drive: Belt from engine to hydrostat input shafts; hydrostatic drive to wheels
- Frame: 7-gauge formed and welded steel
- Fuel Capacity: 37 hp DFI - 12 gal (45 L)
- Gages and Controls: Hour meter; throttle; choke; key switch; PTO clutch switch; steering and traction control arms; parking brake lever
- Seat: High-back, 4 point suspension seat with armrests, fore/aft adjustment; operator weight adjustment
- Spindles: Large top-mounted, 1-in. (25-mm) dia. shaft on maintenance-free ball bearings
- Steering: Lever-type steering controls independent power to each wheel for moving, stopping and turning
- Transmission: Hydrostatic drive with dual 16cc variable displacement pumps; wheel motors
- Turning Radius: True zero-turning radius
Predator-Pro DFI units are in production and are available in 61- and 72-inch deck sizes.
Since the 1970’s, professional landscapers have relied upon the quality cut produced by BOB-CAT brand mowers to maintain golf courses, schools, parks and recreation areas, cemeteries, and landscapes big and small. BOB-CAT offers a full line of commercial walk-behind and zero-turn radius ride-on mowers for commercial and residential use. BOB-CAT mowers are available through power equipment dealers nationwide. To learn more about BOB-CAT products and locate a BOB-CAT dealer in your area, visit the BOB-CAT website at www.bobcatturf.com.
BOB-CAT is a registered trademark of Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. Use of the name BOB-CAT in print must be all capital letters with a hyphen between the words “BOB” and “CAT” as used within this media release.
About Schiller Grounds Care, Inc.
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. is a U.S. based outdoor power equipment manufacturer with three manufacturing facilities located in Southampton, Pennsylvania, Norfolk, Nebraska and Johnson Creek, Wisconsin. Schiller Grounds Care creates and brings to market a broad variety of landscaping, gardening and turf care equipment for residential and commercial use under the brand names of BOB-CAT, Bunton, Classen, Little Wonder, Mantis, Ryan and Steiner. To learn more about Schiller Grounds Care and its various brands of power equipment, visit www.schillergc.com.
Contact: Linda Beattie
Ph: 215-357-5110 x1423